Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sharon's Post

While re-listening to Chapter 5 tonite, I realized that each chapter turns into being my favorite one. That "creative realization or inspiration does not come thru your thoughts, but comes in thru the space of awareness."...is just great! And, I finally noticed tonite that Eckhart uses "awareness and presence" interchangeably.

The other point I thought interesting was that one of the reasons we "accept negative emotion coming from some other 'ego' is that it is happening in the present. This, to me, means, that we aren't "allowing it" because it is something we need to hear...but because it is just happening 'now'. So, that means we don't have to accept the dialogue, right? just make a space for them to be themselves? We observe but not react when the interaction is ...what? not going to be productive? or is their pain body blowing off steam? This is really a "think it over and over" chapter.

No comments: